Monday, September 3, 2012

Moving On

Last year I went through a very tragic time in my life, something I was not expecting had happened, and there was nothing I could do to fix it.

You all probably know a story about a young Clark Kent who lost his father to a heart attack, well very much like Clark Kent I lost my father the very same way, and like Clark and his father, we were very close. I was devastated when I heard the news of my father's passing, I began to blame myself for it happening, thinking I could have done something, even though in the back of my mind I knew I could not, the more I blamed myself, the more I retreated into myself, I was lost, I was going through the motions of every day but I was not there.

It was the rest of my family and friends that gradually started to pull me back to reality, constantly reminding me it was not my fault and there was nothing I could have done, its been a year and 6 months since it happened and it is time to let go of the past and instead of blaming myself, to forgive myself, and tell myself it was not my fault, it was time to become the hero I once was, the world needs heroes and I couldn't be much of a hero with a heavy heart.

My father wanted me to be the best person I could be, so I will not let him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment